Confederation of Albania Industries/ Konfindustria is the institution, which gets together and represents only the interests of production and service industries in the country. The members of Konfindustria are the most important representatives of the Albanian industries in all fields such as: energetic industry, mines, minerals, metal exretion and processing industry, petroleum research, utilization and processing industry, agro-food industry, beverages industry, medical and cosmetic products industry, wood and furniture processing industry, telecommunication, tourism and services, etc. It was born as a necessity in the period of integration of Albania in the European Union and creation of the possibilities to have an all-Albanian market of 7 million; Konfindustria represents the economical interests with deep national contents in the interest of the country and all Albanians. It is a close co-worker of the political decision making of all the leads for all issues of economical, fiscal, trading, social and integrating policies character of integrating the country in the European Union.
The success is based on:
- Very clear and well defined interests, because we accept as our members and we work only with the industries of local production and services, not the traders of the foreign productions
- High level of professionalism, very necessary for the conditions of SAA (Stabilize Association Agreement) signature, WTO and the integration of Albania in EU.
- We are the main political partners for economic, fiscal, trade and institutional issues with direct connections with government institutions and the main decision-taking representatives of all political colors.
- We have a very strict selection of the qualities of our members, representatives of the industries of production and services from all Albanian areas, including Kosovo, Macedonia, etc. Connections and acquaintances created through the most powerful industrialists of the country, members of Konfindustria, multiply the possibilities ofr success for anyone of them.
- Good relations with institutions and powerful international partners have given us the opportunity of professional and institutional contacts locally and internationally.
- Up to now achievements are visible and with the direct interest of our representative members of many production sectors. Albanian industrialists of production have had the possibility to see in their own business profits of several millions from their membership in Konfindustria.
Main successes of Konfindustria during the years are:
1- Improvements in fiscal politic
Konfindustria has made possible the reform for the excise politics in the fiscal packet of year 2007, based on Directives of EU, which protects the local marks and stimulates domestic production for:
i. Industry of wine production. Concretely:
1. Was ensured keeping down the excise level for products with Code NK 2204, like wine, sparkling wine, grape and Champaign and at the same time was achieved for above mentioned products for the same quantity of production or over 10 thousand hectoliters per year, the excise was increased in the total mass of 75%, increasing directly the protection rate for domestic productions.
ii. Industry of alcoholic beverages. Concretely:
1. Was ensured keeping down the excise level for products with Code 2208 as drinks with alcoholic force against volume 12%ť and at the same time was achieved that for the same quantity of production or over 20 thousand hectoliters per year the excise was increased in the mass of 33.3%, increasing directly the protection rate for domestic productions.
2. Was ensured keeping down the excise level for products with Code 22 05 like vermouth, aromatic wines, etc., and at the same time was achieved that for same quantities or over 300 hectoliters per year, the excise was increased in the mass of 75%, increasing directly the protection rate for domestic productions.
iii. Industry of beer. Concretely:
1. Was ensured increase of excise for production beer for quantities of production equal or over 200 thousand hectoliters per year in the mass of 30%, increasing directly the protection rate for domestic productions.
2- Deduction of basic production costs for industries
Achievement of production costs deduction and supply of electrical energy.
i. Deduction of technologic water fees (year 2008). Considerable financial cost deduction benefit from reduction of technological water fees for tens of various production companies. Concretely:
1. For enterprises which use superficial technological water was achieved deduction of fee to 25 times
2. For enterprises which use underground technological water was achieved deduction of fee to 16 times
3. For enterprises which produce natural bottled water was achieved deduction of fee to 6 times
4. For enterprises which produce mineral bottled water was achieved deduction of fee to 8 times
ii. Signature of agreement of Konfindustria with AEC for continuous power supply of industries/members of Konfindustria, during the crisis period summer (autumn 2007).
3- Legislative opponent
i. Institutional adversary for the Law of Penalties. Opening of a contrary process in the Constitutional Court (2007-8)
ii. The initiative for foundation of the Administrative Court, independent from the executive. Was achieved the agreement with all the political decision-taking group to approve the respective declarative article in Law for functioning of Court System. (2007-8)
iii. Institutional adversary for holding back the approval of DCM for reference payments, reference prices and reference profit (2007)
iv. Adversary for improvements in Draft-Law for Taxation Procedures (2007-8)
v. Adversary for improvements in Draft-Law for Food. Was achieved appreciable improvement of the above mentioned law as per interests of domestic industries. (2007-8).
4- Initiative for improvement of institutional business work ambience
i. Founding and functioning of Administrative Court, independent from executive and professional to judge state-business facings. (2007-8)
ii. Formality of small business, as main cause of producing fiscal evasion in Albanian economy. (Aug-2007)
5- Fight against informality and creating of competition market
i. Producing of excise stamps as per EU standards (2007 continuing)
ii. Disciplining of fiscal evasion and contraband in trading politics of imports and raw materials from region countries (2007 continuing).
6- Initiatives in globalizing and integrating process of economy
i. Monitoring and improvement of trade agreements of Albania with EU and countries in region. (2007-8)
ii. Application of international harmonized standards in force (ISO, ASSAP, etc.) in Albanian industry (agreement with the General Directory of Standards in Albania (2008).